Question:
mumbai dying???
shreyas
2007-05-10 02:54:22 UTC
nariman point is drowning down
is drowning down
nariman point is drowning down
my desi lady!!!
how many of you believe this?
Thirteen answers:
2007-05-10 03:01:53 UTC
YES I BELIEVE
vdpphd
2007-05-11 03:00:07 UTC
Mumbai is a coastal harbor city. Much of Mumbai is at sea level, and the average elevation ranges from 10 to 15 metres. The northern part of Mumbai is hilly, and the highest point of the city is at 450 metres (1,450 feet). (Wikipedia) Sea level is already rising, presumably due to global warming, threatening to inundate all the low lying parts of the city. If worse comes to worst, the bulk of the city will be underwater, as sea level may rise to the extreme of 20 meters above recent historical MSL, leaving only the hills and the mountain above water. Mumbai is not the most threatened place in the world in the event of rising sea level: almost all of Bangladesh is a meter or so above MSL, the Netherlands are almost all below current MSL, as is most of New Orleans. Huge areas in China are also within a couple of meters of MSL, as are entire nations in the South Pacific.
dance21
2007-05-10 10:03:04 UTC
I think not nly Mumbai,but the whole world is dying.There is so much pollution,rain and global warming in the world.Its so hot here too.I am sweating now.But,we the people of the world are to be blamed.I recycle,save electricity but I am still suffering.Its not my fault.Not many people are botehred about this situation.I hope epople soon come to realise that the world has nothing more to give.
Rajesh Iyer
2007-05-10 10:15:23 UTC
It is a reality that strikes us in the face every single day. The roads are choc-a-bloc, the air is toxic, the drains pathetic. Even the most die-hard Mumbai fan will acknowledge the bleak future the city is facing, unless we wake up and do something about it.
Monk & his Ferrari
2007-05-12 08:52:24 UTC
Yes, You r right with growing population & imbalance of nature & rise of concreate jungles in the future all life will come to standstill.
Lavgan
2007-05-11 06:41:54 UTC
Afterall, it was recliamed land. Now you know the quality of our earlier generations who developed the land. Absolute rubbish Indian quality system
itsmyitch
2007-05-10 15:49:56 UTC
I wouldn't consider answering this question, but I need the points.
diva s
2007-05-10 13:16:07 UTC
yeah

and by 2020 it will be standing in water
2007-05-13 08:03:48 UTC
yes i believe
vg
2007-05-10 18:09:01 UTC
surely dis is true...nd who is responsible...da global warmin...da effect which es produced by uss...
2007-05-10 10:06:53 UTC
all these days i knew only about BOMBAY DYEING!!!

now suddenly we come across MUMBAI DYING!!!
malwaji
2007-05-11 17:38:59 UTC
no,no,no
ambime_07
2007-05-12 09:37:04 UTC
yeah i believe.................and i m pretty senti abt it